F**k - why did it come out like that = bloody open office !!

________________________________
 From: Richard Walker <richleed...@yahoo.co.uk>
To: Andy Pyzer <andypy...@hotmail.com>; "rich...@triumph-computers.co.uk"
<rich...@triumph-computers.co.uk>
Cc: "leedslist@gn.apc.org" <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
Sent: Saturday, 22 September 2012, 18:27
Subject: [LU] Forest

We all know this team
is lacking in lots of ways and we all know we've suffered injuries to
several key players so you can only applaud performances and
victories like this against a decent Forest team who had yet to be
beaten this season.
The game was no
spectacle, in fact at times it was difficult to watch with free kick
after free kick and Leeds in the second half giving the ball back to
Forest and inviting them on time and time again.
In terms of formation
Warnock changed it around from Tuesday. He moved Lees to right back,
and Peltier to centre back. He brought in Poleon after his impressive
cameo for his first start to play on the left wing and started Sam
Byram on the right with Tonge and Austin continuing in the centre. Up
front Becchio was partnered with Diouf , who was given license to
roam to good affect.
It was a decent first
half, they had a lot of possession whereas we created all the
chances. We could have been 4 or 5 up at half-time. Diouf was the
creator of everything good. He has time on the ball, he makes the
game look easy and he is always available. A class above anyone else
on the park. Today he also showed that his fitness is improving , as
he covered more ground than anyone and I suspect there's even more to
come. A great signing and to be honest a real saviour, I can't
imagine where we would be without him.
The goals were both
well taken. The first was a Diouf cross headed back by Pearce – I
thought he could have headed home himslef but he headed back across
goal to find an unmarked Becchio in the 6 yard box  who shinned it
into the roof of the net. Well taken.
Second goal, we pushed
down the left, a great ball was played into Becchio, any striker with
a bit of pace or invention or control or skill would at very least
got a shot away, not Becchio , he dallied showed no control and
eventually lost out , the defenders poke only deflected to Poleon who
shot home from left – well taken. An assist from Becchio though –
I had to laugh at that one.
At the other end Forest
had a lot of possession, a few free kicks and corners and in general
looked lively. Peltier looked more comfortable centrally and Pearce
threw himself at everything. A few question marks about Pearce for me
today though. He's not the quickest and does foul a lot. He gave a
stupid free-kick away today which to me looked like a pen as he
blantantly pulled back the Forest attacker. He didn't need to do it
but I think he's worried about his pace. Can't fault his effort but
he's going to pick up a shed load of bookings.
Then came the chance to
kill off the game. Ball played from the right to an unmarked Becchio
in the 6 yard box, it was easier to score but he ballooned it into
the top of the South Stand. A bad miss and proof if it was needed
that it is a bit of a lottery with Becchio and his 6 yard box
chances. No guarantees at all although he's doing ok so far this
season (for some).
The best thing about
the first half was that we actually played football and showed with
Diouf at the heart of things we can string passes together. Byram,
Austin, Diouf even Becchio played some good pass and move football.
We had further chances
to put the game beyond reach. Diouf was put through with only the
keeper to beat but he side footed tamely – that was a bad miss.
Then Becchio was given
a great chance to head us 3 up but he hit the south stand with his
header.
We deserved to be in
the lead but you knew it was the end of the story.
Second half was
painful. The ref (Durso) showed what we already know -he can't ref
and just blew for every little bit of contact. It destroyed the game
as a spectacle and handed the upper hand to Forest as we were just
scrapping at that stage and couldn't string 2 passes together.
Even though Forest were
on top their main weapon was the long throw and their goal when it
came was a mistake by Kenny who came for a ball and didn't get there
leaving the attacker to just pop it over him into an empty net. Kenny
did make up minutes later with a great diving save. The ref played 6
minutes injury time, we tried to time waste from 82 minutes. It was
awful to watch. Austin was being cheered for getting the ball and
running to the corner flag to waste time. I can't clap that shit even
if its what we need right now.
So all in all I'd say a
good win, a great battling performance and a goal by a youngster –
a good day all round.
Scores:
Kenny – 6. Not much
to do really but was responsible for their goal.
Lees – 7. I thought
he did ok at right back and looked solid when he moved centrally
after Peltier went off injured.
Drury – 7. Did well ,
very solid and pushed forward in the first half. Poleon didn't always
track back which caused a few problems in the first half.
Pearce – 6. Battled
hard but fouls a lot and I worry about his pace.
Peltier – 6. I think
with his pace he might be suited to a central role but does this mean
that Lees our new U-21 star doesn't play in his proper position.
Dilemma time ?
Austin – 8. Excellent
battling performance. I think the recent goal has gone to his head as
he started off trying his luck from anwhere.
Tonge – 5. Listening
on the radio on the way back they seemed to be suggesting he had a
good game. I thought he was pedestrian. He can play but so could Sean
Gregan.
Byram – 8. I like
this lad , he's athletic, good in the air, can pass, run with the
ball, beat people, get back and defend. Great future and first name
on the team sheet at the moment.
Poleon – 6. For most
of the game he looked like an inexperienced lad playing starting his
first game – which is exactly what he is. I thought the goal might
give him confidence but it didn't really. I have high hopes he will
turn in to a Max Gradel. He has a chance.
Diouf – 9. Man of the
match. The best player, passer and time waster on the pitch. Just
what we needed today.
Becchio – 7. I
thought he worked really hard today, he took his goal well and showed
a few decent touches in the first half. It then when to shit as he
missed the best chance of the game and then just did is usual
performance second half but all in all I think it was a game for him
– little quality just battling required.
Subs:
Varney – made no
impact
Gray – not on long.
White – did ok down
the right.
Crowd – 24k ,
decentish atmosphere. Everyone happy, time for a drink.
Cheers all. Rich