Verner From my experience IT costs tend to be in half day or day chunks (covers
you for travel to and from their premises etc) and depending on complexity and
size of client you're dealing with, somewhere between £500 and £750 daily -
this equates to between £60 and £95 hourly. Go top end to give yerself some
wriggle room! I work as a product consultant for a software company
(internationally) and our standard rate is US$1000 daily.  Hope this helps!
Ossie.