 From: David Nattan <nat...@sky.com>
To: leeds list <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 7:36 AM
Subject: [LU] Charlton

I will keep it short and (not so) sweet - last night was very poor indeed,
2 average teams playing poorly in a game devoid of goal mouth action and
incident.
Neither team deserved more than a point in a dire game played in front of a
small and very disinterested crowd
The crowd, once again, gives the lie to the 'reduce prices and the place
will be packed' argument. It was a Cat C (£20 cheapest with the possibility
of getting £5 off if you know a ST holder) and yet less than 18k bothered.

Norris was OK, Diouf showed bits of class, Byram looked tired and is wasted
at full back, Becchio, Brown and Varney were all poor.

We failed once again to keep a clean sheet

I was disappointed that Hall did not get a run out - he is supposed to have
pace and the ability to take players on. If he is not ready why did we let
Poleon go to Bury ?

Hopefully Austin will be back on Saturday to add a bit of drive and energy
into the team

The goal was reasonable - Byram was chopped down but the ref played on as
the ball came to Brown, he crossed it into the box and Varney rose well and
headed it down towards Norris who turned and hit a good shot that the
keeper had no chance with. That was pretty much our only shot on target all
game.
The equaliser was poor defending - we let them pass it along the edge of
our area unchallenged and then one of them shot through a crowd of players
and the ball  found its way into the bottom corner.
They were no better than us and they only had 2 other chances of note - one
where Lees(?) miscued it onto the bar , very close to an own goal and then
Kenny made a good save right at the death to save a point.

Lets hope for a massive improvement on Saturday and we can get revenge for
last years hammering at the hands of their tall lad