-----Original Message----- From: Tim Leslie
snip
The Germans have got so many things right IMHO. Been over there a few
times now and just think they have got it right on so many levels.
snip
. Cheap tickets, great atmosphere, beer and
food in and around the ground.
Plus you get a sticker on every pub door, which denotes whether it is a
smoking pub or a smoke free one, exactly what IMHO we should have done in
this country. If you haven't been, go to Dusselfdorf via Jet2 and spend a
weekend in the Altstadt with a few mates (Try the brilliant Pork Sarnie
shop in the middle of the main drag at around 11PM, you'll never want to
eat a mucky kebab again!). HufHauses, Precision engineering that works,
good but cheap software (Teamviewer and PRTG are superb for the price!),
the ability to drive like a mature adult on the Autobahn.
snip

Absolutely spot on. Been 4 times this year, paid approx. £36 return Inc. taxes etc. with Ryanair from Leeds to Weeze.
Cheaper than London and more people speak English than in London.
All our politicians and journalists should be made to go there to see how a modern country should be run and what we should aspire to. All we seem to read is how we won the war/world cup/Germans have no sense of humour and its all tosh. When you come back here you realise how we're slipping into becoming a third world country.

I remember it being considered 'poncy' to go in any seats.