somethings different.

chelsea..i was generally impressed with my first attendance of the season,
the first half was magic.  I was impressed with Brown.  I dont like his
style of play and complained in the first min to my buddy that i wish he
would bother more about playing football than playing the man.  However, it
became apparent that (a) he was bothering mata and lampard to the extent
they were put off and ended up with a yellow and (b) he led by example, we
were hungrier than them and it was brown's leadership that showed the way.
Shame the heads dropped, but I felt positive in that they cut us apart with
ease because (a) they had quality and (b) we were desperately chasing
equalisers and winners.
Becchio I was impressed with, and not just his goal - what a beautiful goal
too.
I don't get what people see in tonge.  I thought he was consistently
slow...(a) to decide what to do when he had the ball and (b) to arrive
before the opposition when it was his ball.

forest. what a shame. i moaned that we were trying to defend 1-0 from early
in the first half....i grew up on the old adage attack is the best form of
defence.  And I'm sorry, but much as I love Sam Byram, I thought he was
guilty on several of the goals for naive/incompetent play. must've got
distracted by his christas pud (*).  I was probably happy to see him
'punished' by going into midfield.  That's where I'd like him to play
anyway.  Somma could've had a hattrick what a bummer that forest scored 4
in the rather short perod of dominance they enjoyed

(* anyone remember, was it boxing day, soton and shearer, when Chris Whyte
had clearly been on something stronger than xmas pud?)

merry New Year all