I help run a cub pack - also in our hut are the younger 'beaver colony'
aged 6 to 8yrs
One of the leaders wrote to smarties to ask for some empty tubes so they
could do a coin collection to help some other local charity

This is a genuine quote from their reply - bear in mind the kids who would
be doing the collecting would be 6 to 8 years old and smarties were told
this

*"Unfortunately we are unable to help with any Smarties tube fundraising as
we are aware that using tubes as coin collectors could pose a choking
hazard to children who mistake the contents for Smarties. For this reason I
am afraid we cannot supply tubes for this purpose."*

Are todays 6 year olds really so stupid that they do not know the
difference between a coin and a smartie ???