> If we are going to offer premier league contracts can they please be to
players with premier league ability and talent?

It's a pickle isn't it?  I think most folk on here accept Becchio's
limitations as a footballer, but at the end of the day, he alone seems able
to score any significant number of goals, in this team, playing the way they
play.  So what do they do?  If they let him go, we may end up with a lot
less goals being scored.  If they keep him, they'll have to pay him as much
as whatever other idiots are prepared to pay him, which is likely to be bad
value for money.  Either way, we supporters will be up in arms.

The only satisfying answer would be to sell him for what we all know would
be silly money (tee-hee!), BUT spend that money replacing him with someone
who can play football a bit better, but can still provide the goals.  Not
looking too likely, I know, but I've still got my fingers crossed (for one
more week)!

Nigel
(the Dublin one)