I wouldn't be too kind about il Duce if I were in your shoes. He may not
have sent people off to the camps, but he did pass draconian anti-semitic
laws, which he felt were justified as punishment for their "crimes." The
rector of the Catholic University of Milan supported Mussolini's policies
as part of the "terrible sentence the Deicide people has brought upon
itself."