"If a player really  wants to show respect to a former team than all he
needs to do is refuse to play against them - job done"

uh.. so just piss on your new club then? that very club you are contracted
to and currently pays you? I wish I could do that in my current job: im not
coming in today cause I used to work somewhere else. still dont forget to
pay me boss!!

I d sack a player that did that to me.

Eric