Given that this is all pure speculation, why would somebody like Di Matteo take the job at our "train crash" of a club? Win the Chumps League and then fall badly to lower leagues? Doesn't fit! For that matter, why would anyone of substance? All this talk of Mc Dermott, Coyle and even the "Chosen One" Really?? We are now a sad memory of the club we were 13 years ago and in spite of a healthy fan base and Premier League facilities, there's not a lot else apart from hope. It'll be Lee Clark or Alex Mcleish - somebody suitably poor to take charge of a poor club I'll bet. Maybe I underestimate the pulling power of our club, but I can't see anybody taking the job that we'll be excited about.

We are in a dilemma now given the chance we may be relegated. Does the board hang on to Redfern hoping he'll get the points necessary to stay up and wait for the summer to "get our man" who may not fancy a League One outfit, or, get somebody NOW that stands a better chance of saving us in the interim? I don't know. Redefern doesn't inspire me with his "I'll do you a favour again if I must" attitude.

I'm glad all the shameful rants about Maggie have died down. She made a lot of people unhappy with her government and legacy - fair enough, but she was human (she was!) - a mother and grandmother, just like we all have or have had at some stage in our own lives. She deserves common human respect as she passes away - as we would all expect when our time comes.