> Bet they'd happily relinquish the Cup to avoid relegation.

I wouldn't, if I were in their shoes, and here's why.

They are in the history books for ever as winners of the FA Cup (a trophy the
mighty LUFC have also won precisely ... once) having beaten the stinking rich
reigning Prem Champs with an injury time winner - it won't get any better than
that for a club of their stature.

So what if they got relegated ?

They might be back next year - Hull haven't taken long to return.

Sure, they might never get back, but then again if they'd stayed up this year
then they'd only be favourites to go down next year, especially as Martinez is
almost certain to leave (and would have done so even if they'd stayed up as he
has to move onwards and upwards career wise now).

They've earned (not been given, like Stoke 2 years ago) a place in Europe for
the first time, and even if they don't last long, they will enjoy the ride.

Instead of carping at them because they get smaller crowds than us, we should
be looking to emulate them, both in the over-achievement of 8 years of Prem
football (while we've scratched our ar$e in League 1 and the Championship) and
the style of football they play.

Al