________________________________

Rich N said
  Lets give Murphy a little
time before writing him off, its a step up for him and lots of people
think he has potential.

Totally agree Rich - patience is going to be the key to this season. We have a
lot of bad habits to get out of both on and off the pitch. We need to back
McDermott and the players and get behind them. As I have said on numerous
occasions since we dropped out of the top Division, these players are at the
level they are for a reason. All of them have faults - sometimes major ones -
whether it be a lack of pace, control , vision or consistency. If you
concentrate on what a player cannot do it is easy to pick fault with them and
slag them off but if you change your attitude and concentrate on what they do
well then your whole outlook changes

Of course the jury is still out on Murphy - he has come to a massive club
(especailly compared to Crewe) and has stepped up a Division. and has a big
price tag (something that has held back some of the best players). He is also
getting used to his new team mates and the new way of playing. Lets make up our
minds about him at the end of the season. The same with Smith who is very
inexperienced (having come to football late) and is stepping up in class -
concentrate on his lack of pace and you can label him a donkey (and no doubt
some fans will) -look at his ability in the air and the goals which will come
from that and he can become a hero.

So far Hunt has done nothing of note but Brian Mc likes him and so we need to
back him too.

We have had a lot of pretty poor players and teams in the last 10 seasons or so
and not much to cheer us up off the pitch - being hated by our owner and his
cronies, and being treated badly.
Lets all now take a chill pill and get behind the lads - yes, they will make
mistakes and have poor games, yes, some of them have glaring deficiencies in
their game and yes, we will,no doubt, have some poor results BUT for the first
time in a long time we seem to be going in the right direction so as long as
they give it 100% on the pitch and in training then that should be enough for
us to get behind the team and cheer them on.