From: "David Brennan" <d.r.bren...@leeds.ac.uk>
To: "leedslist@gn.apc.org" <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
Sent: Wednesday, 4 December, 2013 1:48:57 AM
Subject: Re: [LU] John Sykes

> -----Original Message-----
> From: "JOHN SYKES" <jsy...@shaw.ca>
> Sent: ?02/?12/?2013 19:01
> To: "leedslist" <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
> Subject: Re: [LU] John Sykes
>
> Thank you.
>
> Brenda Kawasaki and Cindy Olafson
> Daughters of John Sykes

And thank you Brenda and Cindy, for letting us know.  It would have been easy,
at this difficult time, for this forum to be pretty low down your priority list
and so not find the time to email us, but I hope if you're reading these
messages, you come to understand what affection and esteem John was held in by
all those who have known him via this list, and if you hadn't told us, we'd
have forever been wondering what happened to him.

RIP John.

DRB (aka Turkey, which is the last thing John called me ;-)