From: nattan <nat...@sky.com>
To: leeds list <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
Sent: Sun, Jan 5, 2014 7:40 am
Subject: [LU] FA Cup info - any stattos out there ?

For some reason I told a number of people recently that we are the ONLY team to
have lost in every round of the FA Cup proper

I know Hereford beat us in the first round in 2008
then Histon in 2nd round the following year
Rochdale in 3rd round yesterday
we have lost any number of times in 4th, 5th and 6th rounds and of course have
lost in the semi final to scum (77 among others) and have lost 2 finals
(Scousers and Sunderland)
so it looks as if we have lost in every round

I cannot think of anyone else who has done this - lets face it not many FA cup
winners have spent time in the 3rd division or lower so there will not be many
teams who have lost in the first 2 rounds - but maybe someone like Villa,
Wolves, Pompey or Cardiff have both won the FA Cup and had dreadful times in
the
league dropping through the Divisions

I have tried to put the question into google etc in various forms but cannot
find an answer - anyone out there know if we are the only team to have done it?
(not that it is something to be proud of)

Of course  the 'opposite' is also true - we have won in every round too - has
anyone else managed this ?