I think that Puncheon will retract when he gets the solicitors' letter
tomorrow.  To be honest, I would be very unsurprised if what he said is true,
but proving it is a different matter. For that reason a full retraction from
Puncheon will sadly probably see an end to it.

It would certainly explain Brown's appearence-related contract extension mind.