I agree. McD was a nice bloke who says the right things but I am surprised
at the reaction of some of the Leeds fans. I went to the Barnsley game
aswell and it was woeful. The sole tactic was to pass it to Lees to pump up
to the big man. Again and again. It was predictable and a piece of piss to
defend against but we had no other ideas. I vowed not to waste any more of
my money on the club after that game until there was a drastic improvement
in not just the team but the whole approach of the club. I am sick to the
back teeth of owners who think they can make a fast buck by flipping the
club once the manager has perfomed miracles whilst spending buttons. It's
never going to happen.

You can't get away from the fact that we are a very very poor team, far
worse than when Warnock was in charge. It's true McD has not been backed,
but I believe the players at the club are capable of playing much better
than they currently do. They showed what they can do against Watford. I'm
convinced if Poyet had got the job we would be a far better team by now.

I'm not endorsing what is going on at the club, just saying I'm not
surprised McD has gone and I'm not too disappointed either.

Didn't Don Cellino pump loads of money in to Cagliari and take them to the
top flight from nowhere? I know he sacked 38 managers in 20 years along the
way.

On 31 January 2014 21:18, Robert Heath <rhe...@asd.edu.qa> wrote:

> Let's wait and see.
>
> Obviously, I liked the sound of the 2 consortia led by Leeds fans.
>
> But...............there might be some positives here:
> 1. McD was a nice bloke, but I was beginning to entertain doubts about him.
> One draw in 6 games! Actually, it was before that run that I started to
> worry....the 2 feeble feeble draws at home to Barnsley & B/burn, both of
> which I attended. After the Barnsley game, I happened to speak to the agent
> of the little blond lad who had run us ragged all day (can't remember his
> name.) The agent said the lad was avaiable and not expensive but that McD
> did not fancy him. (He's now gone to Blackpool, I believe so he'll get
> another chance to run us ragged in April.)
> 2. We might get some tasty Italian lads on loan.
> 3. This model worked pretty well for Watford.
> 4. It looks like we're going to get Festa as manager, but if
> not.........Zola comes from Sardinia.
> 5. Spaghetti con pesto!
>
> John 'Grampa' Sykes
> Rest In Peace old lad
> 28th Oct 1938 - 12 Nov 2013

Simon Hart.
Physics Computing & Electronics Service
Department of Physics
University of York
Heslington                                Email: simon.h...@york.ac.uk
York, YO10 5DD, U.K.                          Tel: +44 1904 322273

DISCLAIMER http://www.york.ac.uk/docs/disclaimer/email.htm