 From: "nat...@sky.com" <nat...@sky.com>
To: leeds list <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
Sent: Monday, 3 March 2014, 16:51
Subject: [LU] non LU - Pardew

Couple of things about the Pardew 'headbut'
firstly why have the police said they are taking no action - it was clearly an
unprovoked, albeit minor, attack in full view of thousands of members of the
public and millions on TV ? Yet when John Terry abuses someone and a handful of
lip readers are the only ones to witness it they arrest, charge and take him to
court ?

Secondly and more importantly, could and should this become a new weapon in  a
team's armory ? Imagine LUFC, last game of the season and we need to win to get
in play-offs. An opposition player is causing us problems, he comes over to the
bench so Gibbs or one of the other trainers etc abuses and then attacks him -
the player retaliates and BOTH get sent off - Gibbs to the stand so has no
affect on the team but the opposition go down to 10 men with their star player
off the pitch.
OK it needs some work to make sure the player does retaliate to make sure he
gets a red but it should not be too hard to accomplish