IF Bates were to come back in control of the club then that could really be the
final nail in the coffin. Unless he has had a personalitly and character
transplant whereby he comes in, buys (or admits he owns) ER and TA and gives
them to the club and then spends millions on players, then fans will desert in
their thousands. A lot of fans used Bates as a reason / excuse (delete as you
think appropriate) for not coming to games. A number have come back under GFH
and up until now our attendances have shown a healthy increase. All those fans
would leave again and I think many more would join the boycott
As it stands our loyalty is being pushed to the absolute limits - most fans who
are going between now and the end of the season are doing so because they have
already paid for tickets or because the fun of the match going experience
outweighs the garbage we see on the pitch

I'm not really sure if Bates is mischief-making - he's hardly going to help the
Flowers bid with the fans by saying he is involved.

Or whether he is circling to take control again.

I'd imagine anyone with ownership over Elland Rd or Thorp Arch will have a
significant advantage if we went into Admin

Matt