and then this in clarification..........................

Further to publishing our email to the Football League
<http://lufctrust.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=961b4c64f7799c1c11c962c47&id=204903e4cd&e=767fef03b1>
this morning, we realise that we need to clarify the intention of the
email, and explain what we are asking of the Football League.

The Football League get information about member club finances on an
annual basis that gives them a view on each club's situation, and
recently during their consideration of Massimo Cellino's takeover, the
League will have had access to up-to-date information about the
financial state of Leeds United, information that nobody else outside
the club has access to.

The League have powers to act if they are concerned about the financial
well-being of any of their member clubs. Given the information they have
about the club's finances, and given the reports today that players have
not been fully paid, we are asking the League to take any steps it can
to help ensure the financial stability of the club.

The Football League have certain powers they can use in situations like
these, and under their own regulations are obligated to use them. This
appears to be a critical time for our football club and we believe the
Football League should be using their powers to hold the club's owners
to account.

Regarding/'force majeure'/, it is our view that the circumstances around
Cellino's failure to buy the club could be considered an event the
club's management couldn't control, similar in principle to other events
described in the Football League's regulations
<http://lufctrust.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=961b4c64f7799c1c11c962c47&id=652161c82e&e=767fef03b1>.
As such we believe that the League should consider this aspect before
applying any future penalties to Leeds United that might arise out of
our current situation.

We apologise if the email was not clear to our members, and hope that
this has clarified our meaning and intention. In short, we are very
concerned by events at Elland Road, and we are
calling on the Football League to do whatever it can to assist our club.

We hope this clarifies our comments earlier today and ask to direct any
questions, if you have them, to chair...@lufctrust.org

---
is active.