Same old same old same old
Pretty much sums it all up - pre match we had the same conversation as last
week and last month etc. Instead of talking formation or players, the things
fans care about, we talked about wages and take overs and fit and proper tests
etc.
The only football talk was whether McDermott was to blame for the on pitch
rubbish or whether the off field rubbish stopped him getting on with the job.

The only thing we all agreed on was the fact that there was a match on but none
of us really cared.

Anyway we did leave the pub and made it in time for kick off - worked out that
Stewart had been recalled in place of Hunt but other than that it was same as
last match.

The game kicked off and for a long time it was impossible to tell which team
was fighting relegation and which one was safe in mid-table mediocrity. Then
half way through they got a corner, we cleared it and the ball went back to the
lad who had taken a corner. Normally he would have had a defender next to him
just in case they took a short one, but not us, oh no, we had left the bloke in
acres of space, so with no-one pressing him he took a touch, ran with it and
then lashed a shot from the edge of the box. Normally it would have missed by a
mile but on this occasion it flew into the back of the net leaving Butland with
no chance. From then on we got hammered and did not get near the ball, The lad
next to me tried saying that Donny were a good passing team - now that may be
correct BUT they are a passing team who are bottom of the league !!!! Anyway
one passage of ten or twelve passes without us getting near it ended with a
pass into the box and their
 unmarked centre forward got the ball, turned and slotted it home. 0 2 right on
the stroke of half time.

We did this time made changes at half time taking off the 2 centre midfield
players (Austin and Murphy) off and bringing on Tonge and White. Now , as it
happens White had a good game and did cause them problems, but we know neither
of them are good enough.
We did get stuck in a bit and upped the tempo as they settled for what they
had. We had a few chances and then a ball came into the box, Smith back flicked
it on and Ross jumped and headed home (an identi-kit from the goal the other
week when Wickhams throw was headed on by Smith and Ross headed in). For a
while we thought it was game on, but we huffed and puffed without really
creating as they , especially the keeper wasted time. We had a half shout for a
pen for hand ball and a more vociferous claim for a red card when the keeper
came out of his box and took out Ross (never a red). The best chance fell to
Smith who could not quite get over it and he headed over. Fair play to Stewart
unlike Kebe and his 'phantom hamstring' or whatever he did try and get involved
and wanted the ball - he was not great but at least he showed himself and that
bodes well for the future.
Ross gave another captain fantastic performance where he was here, there and
everywhere trying to galvanise the team but overall it was yet another poor
team performance and greeted with boos at the end
Apart from one anti GFH chant - "You're not fit to own the club" the crowd were
not sure how to react - my two mates did their own boycott by going to the bar
at half time and staying there for the second half (they did not miss much)
There was a time when the South Stand 'did a Poznan' jumping around with their
backs to the pitch, which I have since been told was a'turn your back protest'
but nobody near me realised that that was what it was . so a waste of time and
effort for them

Bring on Charlton on Tuesday and the lowest crowd of the season - maybe of the
decade ??