 Subject: Re: [LU] Non LU: England
 To: "Alan Edgar" <alan.ed...@yahoo.co.uk>
 Cc: "leedslist@gn.apc.org" <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
 Date: Thursday, 10 July, 2014, 13:18

 I would have taken, and
 played, Cashley Cole. He's a better player than Baines.
 It doesn't matter that he isn't starting at Chelsea
 as that doesn't necessarily mean he's not good
 enough for England. I wouldn't have taken Jones,
 Smalling or
 Welbeck.

 I wouldn't have played Rooney.

 Ian
 Sent from
 my iPhone

 19:49, "Alan Edgar" <alan.ed...@yahoo.co.uk>

 [mailto:wiscole...@hotmail.com]
 > We know what we get with Hodgson...a team
 that finishes 31st out of 32 World Cup qualifiers.
 > It's shameful and a complete failure.

 > There is no other way to spin it.
 >
 > Spin it is the right
 word, Mark - by what rationale do you spin it to rank
 England 31st out of 32 ?

 >> From: Ian Murray <ianjamesmur...@hotmail.com>
 >> I like Roy though am concerned that
 he's become a bit of a media yes man.
 >> The red tops picked the squad for
 Brazil.

 > Who would
 you have picked instead, Ian ?
 > Every
 outfield player in that squad plays for a club that finished
 in the top 8 in the Premiership and the keeper plays for the
 champions.
 > Bottom line is we are not a
 top side at world level and have only been so from
 1966-70.

 I'm not optimistic we'll ever do a Germany
 though.
 >> I couldn't ever imagine
 an England team smashing Brazil 7-1 away in a World Cup semi
 final.

 > Nobody,
 not just England, in the history of international football
 has ever done 'a Germany' - can anyone think of a
 result that was more staggering than Tuesday night ?