Yours is the curate's question, sort of good in parts.

The bit that makes me wonder is how did Hockaday be in a position to get
the job in the first place? Did he write in on spec? Was he head-hunted? Is
he somebody's mate?

Results will tell us if he just got on the end of the wrong queue when he
needed a pee during the stadium tour.......

Damian