Darko - we played well against Rotherham and Wolves in the first halves (as
well as we’ve seen for a while, to quote a few who saw it); then as badly as
we’ve seen for a while in the second half of each - Sheff Wed we could have
buried had their keeper not been on top form…and apparently against Brentford
it was dreadful. The man provided us with a curate’s egg. I think there was an
innate conservatism there…not in the George Graham kind of way, but just a fear
that lead him to tinker almost when there wasn’t any need. We’ll never know how
that would have panned out, but with a bit more luck he would still have the
job.

That said, the mood at the end of the game yesterday in the crowd, was ugly. So
Redfern gets a go, he’s the crowd’s choice…lets see how long that lasts - as to
the teams his side beat being easy, well, aren’t Bournemouth doing OK…? And
huddersfield are above us…

Yesterday’s match - at half time we were all mainly happy - bit worried that
Mowatt didn’t bury his chance when he should have done…he’s a good player and I
like what he brings to the team, but to try and say that a professional
footballer these days can’t use both feet…not on. The goal was a cracker, great
move, started by a fantastic ball from Mowatt’s left foot, and nicely finished.
Morrison and Antenucci looked like a good partnership…for 45 minutes at while
the midfield were getting the ball and feeding it to them. Antenucci’s movement
off and around his markers is high class, he gets himself those bits of time
and space that matter - but in the second half, just lumping it at him, shows
that there is no way that that i going to work.

I haven’t seen either of the Wolves goals played back, but at the time both
looked like a series of passes through our midfield and then defence…in the
second half we let their 11 run the game…and wasn’t busting a gut to do it. He
sat deep, moved through the pitch with the ball often unchallenged before
picking his pass. We were too deep in general and no one sat on that guy in
particular.

I can’t believe we ran of gas after 50 minutes or so…if so, sack the bloody
fitness coach, the game is a 90+ minute game, I think it was a deliberate
strategy to sit deeper and try to conserve the lead. Bad move.

SILVESTRI - best keeper we’ve had in a long while - very comfortable in most
situations, some good saves yesterday

BERARDI - decent football, especially going forward, especially in the first
half…as the game was getting away from us in the second he looked ripe to get
sent off again, charging in to tackles etc

WARNOCK - steady as anyone on the first, bad as anyone on the second

BELLSUCI - guy reads the game well, mostly…then does something rash - still
thought he was the pick of our defenders yesterday

PEARCE - just don’t see much of him at the moment, odd for a captain

COOK - cracking first 45…nowhere in the second

BIANCHI - quieter, steadier…almost anonymous really

MOWATT - great first half - dreadful miss aside - not at the races in the second

ADRYAN - my first sight of him…looks to have bags of class, great touch…needs
more stamina

ANTENUCCI - still our best striker by a country mile - linked well with
Morrsion when given the service - took his goal well

MORRISON - he has had a decent 45 minutes (so has Luke Murphy)…let’s see what
develops

subs

MURPHY - woeful - but to say the loss was his fault is nonsense

MONTENEGRO - not on long enough to be involved

SLOTH - I simply don’t get what he is supposed to add…

…and now back to Bedlam.