Well we have done it again! Twice this game was won and twice awful defending
gave it away.
Adryan came back in for Morison and Byram for Beradi and, as expected Cooper
replace the suspended Pearce
Like so many of our game this season this was another 'game of two halves' this
time though it was the game itself rather than our performance that changed.
The first half is totally forgettable, we had a few nice little triangles and
Adyran showed a lovely piece of skill to let the impressive Warnock fire in a
great cross. Warnock then did well at the other end clearing one off the line
when Silvestri missed a cross. I said a few weeks ago that Silvestri looks
great but we need to see how he reacts to a big mistake -well now we know
(after Cardiff) he makes more mistakes !
Second half was a totally different beast as we went forward with purpose and
did tear some holes in their defence. The 2 goals were absolute beauties. The
first Adryan again impressed linking up down the flank with Warnock and the
ball fell to Mowatt "F-ing hit it" yelled the bloke next to me but Mowatt
decided that blasting high and wide was not for him, instead he took it under
control put it on his left foot and from the edge of the box put an unstoppable
shot into the top corner. That should have been that. We were all over them at
this stage and I fancied us to win 2 or even 3 nil. Antenucci, Mowatt and
Doukara (a poor night from him) all had shots and half chances. Then as so
often before defence frailities brought us down. This time an awful clearance
from, the otherwise solid Cooper, hit the attacker and somehow he squeezed it
past the keeper into the net. SIlvestri should not have been beaten like that
at his near post. Poor all round.
This rocked us a bit but we re-grouped and another decent move ended with the
ball coming back out to Warnock who elected not to shoot but shovelled it on to
Mowatt, who 22yards out this time, hit another lovely curling shot into the top
corner - great goal. Game over ? Not for us. A corner to them and the ref
points to the spot, a penalty and the equaliser. No idea what the pen was for.
According to people on the bus the ref had warned us about pulling in the box,
we (Bellusci ?) pulled someone so a penalty. One of those hot topics at the
moment but how often do such things go unpunished? The crowd bayed for the refs
blood but the players did not complain.
We still had time to win it, 10 mins plus 5 injury time, especially as they
went down to 10 when one went off injured and all subs had been used. We huffed
and puffed a bit but in the end we blew it
2 points needlessly thrown away.
Quite a lot of good things, Warnock my MOM, Mowatt good throughout and 2 lovely
goals, Adryan has some nice touches. We have promise in this team and if, and
it is a big IF, we can cut out the defensive errors, then we can go places over
the next few years.
We really need to win on Saturday v Blackpool - we probably will since I am
missing the game for another f=ing family wedding !!!!