We could, and perhaps should, have won this one today, but being a goal down
with 5 minutes to go meant that we left the ground fairly happy. I hate it when
managers come out after a game and blame their defeat on one decision by the
ref. I usually end up shouting at the tv and asking what about the other 89
minutes or what about the sitter your striker missed etc? But today both apply
- without seeing it again on TV I thought theirs was never a penalty, we should
probably have had a soft one when Bryam was fouled in the box (I say 'soft' cos
he played for it and went over easily -but it was a foul) and then what could
have been the winner for a handball in the dying seconds, we also had 3 sitters
missed by Morison !We started with only 2 of the foreign imports in the
outfield XI and near the end ended with just Bellusci (so much for Cellino
picking the team) We did change the formation from Sunderland and Bolton with
Antenucci joining Morison up front in a 4 4 2 formation and Byram staying in
midfield. We began on the front foot and had all the early play, then on their
first attack  the striker was tackled near the deadball line - corner or goal
kick we wondered - neither said the ref who to the amazement of everyone,
crowd, players - Leeds and Brum alike pointed to the spot. In the post decision
discussion around me not one person even thought that a penalty was on the
cards! Whatever, Silvestri kept up his record of not saving a pen for us (?)
and dived the right way only to see it hit hard and into the corner -
unstoppable. Before this a half chance had come to Morison but came to nothing.
After we went behind the crowd got on players backs and the lack of confidence
shone through as we fell apart a bit, miscontrolling simple passes and not
doing the basics right. Silvestri came to our rescue with a couple of good
saves as we threatened to implode and they threatened to get the second killer
goal. We had a few chances with Wootton winning a header from a corner but
failing to get it on target and Austin having 2 wild shots from decent
positions.Second half was more of the same - they looked dangerous on the break
and we feared the second goal, we huffed and puffed and things would not quite
drop for us. Morison was our  man of the match - he won lots of the ball and
held it up well - if he was playing well and full of confidence he would have
had a hat trick but as we know things are not working out and somehow a
glancing header and a shot somehow both managed to go inches wide? Unlucky or
bad finishing - my mate and the lad in front managed to argue the toss over
that! As I said before Byram went down in the box and the ref waved it away -
was that the end of our chances of getting something from it - well no, later
with minutes to go the ball came out to Murphy just inside the box and he
somehow caught it right and it ended in the net - no more than we deserved.
Still time to win it but a clear handball was ignored by the ref and so to
cries of 'you're not fit to referee' the game came to a close.Silvestri had
made a few good saves and we got a point at a time when none seemed likely but
overall we should have wonThe decision to take Cooke off (rather than Murphy or
Austin) to bring on Doukara seemed strange at the time an with hindsight was
clearly wrong.Some positives mainly Murphy proving that he does have something
to offer, Billy Sharp working his socks off when he came on, some good stuff
from Cooke and a mom performance from  Morison that deserved him getting his
name on the scoresheet. Some bad - Austin , typical Austin - more bad than good
picking the wrong pass, having wild pot shots, Antenucci greedy on occasion and
not looking like scoring, what happened to the lethal finisher of early season
? Wootton despite playing so well for Rotherham making schoolboy errors and
having no clue what to do when he had the ball.So overall hard to assess but it
means we now need 3 points on Tuesday (albeit we actually moved up the table a
bit today)I would like to see the same team start on Tuesday but start with
Sharp up front and see if he can link with MorisonWould also like to see Adryan
at least on the bench - assume he is injured- to give us a different option