From: nat...@sky.com
Sent: 2 February 2015 13:22
To: "leeds list" <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
Subject: [LU] Tonge gone

Off to Millwall till end of season (when his contract with us ends anyway)
HE never really lived up to his billing, had a couple of good games but mainly
flattered to deceive. Would come into the side, play well for a game or two
then become rubbish and get dropped. We would then 'miss' him and he would get
a recall, play well coming on as sub, get a few games in which he got worse and
worse- get dropped and repeat.He has some skill but his lack of pace and
athleticism meant he could not be effective
My only concern is that we have now given / sold / loaned 2 players (Pearce and
now Tonge) to our direct relegation rivals. Yes neither were good enough for us
BUT sometimes a player can be better at a different club with different players
and it is possible that both these will in fact improve the teams that we need
to get worse. Same could apply to Austin if he goes to Wigan - he may improve
them.I would much prefer them to go to teams in a lower division etc who are
not in direct competition with us, but I suppose it is hard to control this
sort of thing