Not sure how true it is,( but it goes along with what I suggested at the time
namely that Bellusci should find an Italian word that can be 'misheard' as
negro) but I have seen a report that Bellusci told Thomas that he had elbowed
him in the head and he could not deny (negare) it !
Looking at the video it is clear that Thomas does elbow Bellusic in the head
(missed by the ref) and they square up and bellusci says something that really
upsets Thomas who runs right to the referee. Given that no-one else from either
side or the ref heard anything it is going to be a 'he said, he said' argument
and the 'court' will act on the balance of probabilities. The immediate
reaction of Thomas will,I assume, go some way to supporting his case.
IF convicted / found to have said it, I am happy to see him (and anyone else)
get a 5 match ban but think those who want him throwing out of the club are
well over the top. It is a fact that when you argue with someone and the red
mist has come down you will insult the other person in any way possible and
will pick on his /her most obvious feature or if it is someone you know the
thing they will find most upsetting etc.
Also for those who think Cellino will throw him out based on his earlier
comments I am sure he will not do this, but will go for the old 'he is not a
racist even if he said a racist thing' argument - same as applied to John Terry
when everyone concerned from both sides including the prosecutor said that
Terry is not a racist but in the heat of the moment came out with a racist slur.
So to sum up my position I think Thomas' immediate re-action will convince the
hearing that Thomas heard a racist word, it will then fall to Bellusci to
explain what he said that was misheard. IF guilty he will and , quite right
too, be banned for 5 matches, but that should be the end of it all