1. I have long harboured the theory that the cliche that "the table never
lies" and that "everybody has to play everybody else twice in the end" etc
etc is a load of crap. There is actually a huge element of luck involved
over the course of a season concerning WHEN you have to play teams. The
reason for this is that, as we all know, form and momentum fluctuate during
the season..........so there is often a good time to play teams, and also a
bad time. A good example of this would be Birmingham City this season: they
were a complete pushover a few  months back when Lee Clark was still in
charge (losing 8-0 at home or something like that.) Any team who played
them at that time got an easy 3 pts. But then they changed their manager
and went on a really good run, thus morphing into really tough opponents.
And Leeds, of course, always seem to have to play teams at the wrong time.
Birmingham, indeed, are a case in point. Fulham are another........they
were rubbish at the start of the season but were on a good run by the time
we got to play them. But my specific point now is that that is 3 times now
this season (acc to my reckoning.......Derby, B/mouth & now
Boro..........it could even be more?) when we have had to play the
table-topping team. That is almost by definition an opponent with
confidence high and on a good run of form. DIDN'T MATTER THOUGH........WE
BEAT THE LOT OF 'EM!
2. I haven't seen anybody show the vision and technique to deliver that
reverse pass with which Cook set up Mowatt for our goal since a certain Mr.
William Bremner.
3. Redfearn has got to be named manager-of-the-month, for what that's worth.