DOUR...the only word for it. Sheffield Wed came not to lose, and didn't. We
lacked the guile to break them down. The main point for me was the similarity
of Philips and Adeyemi in the middle just put us on the back foot too often.
Philips was caught with the ball time and again. The introduction of Mowatt and
Murphy changed that balance and brought us back into it. 2 good goals...you can
never legislate for moments like the Wednesday strike...sometimes they just go
in.

There's nothing seriously wrong, nothing that needs a major overhaul...just a
bit more time, some fine tuning and people like Cook avoiding stupid
dismissals/suspensions.

I'm really beginning to like the look of Breradi at full back.

Sent from my iPad

> On 22 Aug 2015, at 21:03, "nat...@sky.com" <nat...@sky.com> wrote:
>
> Will keep it brief, partly cos there is not that much to say and partly
> because most of you will have seen it on TV one way and another.Rosler again
> did a bit of 'tinkering' this time Cooper getting the nod over Bellusci ,
> Phillips and Adeyemi the midfield pairing and Antenucci partnered with Wood
> up front. It is clear that Rosler is still searching for his best eleven both
> in terms of personnel and formation. He also seems to believe his own
> tiredness excuses (even though only Taylor and Dallas have started every game
> and Dallas has been subbed in them all)Phillips who statistics claim ran 13.3
> km on Wednesday (as compared with an average of 8-10km) started the game but
> started badly - his first tackle was slow and behind the pace and the ref,
> even though it was the first minute, gave him a yellow, something he never
> recovered from and he spent most of the time behind the game, trying to get
> to the pace but worried about another booking. This meant we had almost no
> creativ
 ity in the middle of the park. I like the look of Adeyemi but he is a
destroyer - breaks up play and gives it to someone else. We really missed Cooks
energy and driving forward influence. They slowed the game down, niggling
fouls, time wasting, play acting from start to finish - they came for  a point
and the officials went along with their game plan.Not much of note happened in
the first half until one bit of brilliance put them in front - their attacker
chipped it over Cooper and then fired in a speculative shot that somehow
dropped in - everyone in the ground was stunned,  looked around for a bit then
we groaned and they celebrated. Boy how did they celebrate - the scorer pointed
to his number, to the skies, bowed down on the floor, hugged his mates and then
fell to the floor again. I have seen many players booked for 'over celebration'
who did less than that (perhaps it is not allowed to book a player for
celebrating in such a 'religious' manner) A decent goal but one ma
 inly against the run of play - their only real shot all half. We did not
deserve anything from that half either - our main tactic a long crossfield ball
from Cooper to the head of Byram - it did not always work and even when it did
it came to nothing.