> It was ridiculous that prior to the work he did, chairmen had too much
> power, too much of the reward.
>
> After his bollocks, players gained too much power, and all the reward.
> Instead of abolishing the maximum wage and implementing a fairer wage
> limit that shared some of the reward, then we wouldn't have the modern
> Prima Donna poofters that we get charged a fortune to watch.

that's a bit unfair, we are talking about changes to players rights that
occurred in the early 60's, not  combination of Bosman ruling and Sky
pumping in millions and gangsters like Abramaovic that led to the current
ridiculous wages that are now common place.  At the time he negotiated
breaking the £20 MAXIMUM wage, that was just a bit more than the average
household income.