No problem - generally enjoy doing them (sometimes a bit of a bind) and it is
hard to get the chronology right on occasionAs for next season, I am a fan of
Evans for the most part and we have had times, like second half last night,
when we look more than decent. Our record against the top teams seems to show
that we can compete at this level BUT we need to be much better at home and
find a way of beating the poorer teams.
I think the ST initiative is an amazing idea and I really hope the fans get
behind it and smash the 15,ooo barrier that would trigger 50% if things do not
work out.
I do worry about Cellino, there is so much baggage and you cannot run any
business with knee-jerk decisions, BUT I think his 'lies' are more like 'truths
that don't happen' - something I get in trouble off with my wife - I promise
something and mean it when I say it but then things intervene and it looks like
I lied (eg. 'I am going out but will only have one pint') His promises re
ground were true but then things happened (other debts) that stopped him doing
it.
He has learnt some lessons - he thought Serie B was the same as Championship
and bought good Serie B players , then when he realised his mistake he allowed
Rosler to buy decent proven Champ players - Wood, Dallas and Adeyemi were all
good buys at the time - even if they have not quite worked out for diffferent
reasons. We have got Diagourara and Carayol by beating off oppostion by paying
more.
This ST idea means either the end of him or he will have to put his (and our)
money where his mouth is and really go for it next season.
I hope the boycotters and anti Cellino mob give him a chance - if we have been
conned so be it , we will know soon and then be able to get rid , and if he is
genuine then surely that is all we really want, a team to be proud of and get
behind.
The fans group are claiming '£20 is plenty' well , £445 for a Kop ST with 23
games is just under £20 so that is fine with the promise of pretty huge refund
if we are not successful. A mate of mine is back after 5 or 6 years in
Australia and he thinks he was paying around £700 for a East Stand ticket
before he left, under Bates, so prices have come down (for home fans anyway -
the £30+ for away fans is steep and I do not like the £5 surcharge on pay on
the day-but I have no idea if it is working for either the club or fans)

Dave