A few things to add to this..

Murphy - He really was that bad. I lost count of the number of times he passed
it 2 yards behind Purver, causing him to check back and lose any pace advantage
we had going forwards. So often in the first half he didn't pick his head up
and spot Roofe or Taylor as the obvious outball, he just passed it back to
Bamba or Bartley, the ball went back to Green and hoof. There is absolutley no
point spending any money on attacking pace and ability with him in the team as
he negates it all. I hope Monk has sussed him.

Purver - Very small, average pace and looked lacking in any confidence to go
beyond the half way line, or even be on the ball. Clearly not anywhere near
ready for the first team. It makes sense that Monk seems to be in the market
for another RB with Berardi an unknown in terms of his injury, leaving only
Coyle.

Taylor - Really didn't look bothered. Rarely overlapped until the last 15 or so
when playing behind Sacko. There was a drinks break after half an hour where
the whole team headed over to the bench to get instructions. Taylor however got
thrown a bottle by the linesman on the opposite side of the pitch and stayed
there on his todd until play resumed. It just didn't look right to me.

Roofe - Good signing.

Antonsson - He's not a target man and with Monk playing a clear 4-2-3-1
formation spent a lot of time going for headers he had no hope of getting. He's
far more mobile than Wood though, and never stopped running, so maybe there's a
partnership there..

Mowatt - Was bang average and certainly not a number 10 which is where he
played.

Glue factory for Murphy,

Ben