Bit surprised that no-one had commented on our latest signing (or 'all but
signed' as the YP says)Pablo HernandezHe certainly has a great pedigree and IF
(always an 'IF' with our signings) he has still got the legs etc he could be
the new Strachan ? His quality and skill has never been in doubt - it his
inconsistency and lack of commitment (two things we could never say about
Strach) that may be cause for concern, BUT if he can fit in as a number 10 just
behind Wood with pace in Roofe and Sacko out wide we could become a really
exciting teamNot sure where that leaves Mowatt who, interestingly has changed
his number back to 27 from the 10 he wore last season - a superstitious move
based on his form in his two seasons or to accommodate Antonsson who has now
got number 10, who knows.
Just watched the LUTV highlights from Sat and there is one passage of play -
leading to the corner from which we scored the winner - which really gives hope
for optimism
Vieirra robbed the opponent and steams forward (dare I say "A la Cook" ?) and
then gives it to Wood who lays off a simple but excellent ball into the path of
the onrushing Sacko who sprints past the defender leaving him in his wake and
puts in a great cross that is almost met by Roofe who has run hard and fast to
get there. Had Roofe managed to get on the end of it and score it would have
been a great goal, in the event the defender was just about able to turn it for
a corner - real top class defending but the sort of football that gets fans on
their feet (OK we all stand up anyway, but you know what I mean)

We have lost Cook which is a blow but the rest of the leavers (apart from maybe
Antecnucci) were dead wood and we have brought in skill and pace - things that
should make us more entertaining and lead to lots more goals for us. Tighten
the defence (Bartley and Green could both go either way) and we may be a half
decent team -I do think in Berardi and Taylor (if he stays and stays
interested) we have as good a full back pairing as any in this Division so if
Cooper can improve or Bamba cut out some of his errors and if Diagouara  (and /
or Bridcutt or Vieirra) can give them some protection, this could be a decent
season (ie fighting for top six - not running away with the league!)