      From: {broken-address} Richard walker
<richleed...@yahoo.co.uk.is-broken.gn.apc.org>
 To: Richard Naef <rich...@triumph-computers.co.uk>
Cc: leeds list <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
 Sent: Wednesday, 14 December 2016, 7:28
 Subject: Re: [LU] Tonight

This was classic Ali v Foreman stuff. We absorbed all their pressure and they
had loads of it and then hit them on the counter. If this was Monk's strategy
from the off in a home game then I'd give him manager of the year now. I
suspect we came up against a better footballing side ( a much better) and had
to defend and chase like mad and feed off scraps on the break.

Our defence is very well organised now and with Vierra and Bridcutt sat in
front like2 little terriers , Reading had to be content to just pass it around
without making much progress. Our fans were actually holaying their passes such
their ineffectiveness.

I was however surprised to hear Adam Pope on RL on the drive home saying we had
taken apart with perfect performance - that is really stretching it and for
that to be true you have to believe in the Ali v Foreman strategy and I don't
think we would ever set out to defend at home like we did tonight.

Best players - Jansson - immense, his block on the line in the 94th minute and
his reaction to the South Stand was true hero stuff. He is the best defender we
have had since the Premier League. The Wham song however is a total
embarrassment.

Dallas - ok I'm still not sure what position he plays in but he looked sharp
and full of energy and helped us get them in the break.

Sacko - if he had a brain he'd be lethal but again he was crucial to us
breaking with pace. Scared them to death and make Wood's goal.

Vierra - love this kid, ran all day and still wanted more. He's our best
midfielder.

Bridcutt - looked a little leg heavy but he grew into the game and I like him
because he does all the simple stuff really well like break up play and get
moves going. Great little player.

Grimes - yes I said it against Brighton, I think he has more to offer and he
showed it when he came on last night. He's got a bit of grit about him and he's
got a nice left foot. I think he will challenge for that left midfield place.

Sent from my iPad