I agree with that Dave, in fact, all of us who went to the game yesterday
thought in terms of the football on the show, this was a step backwards and was
the worst we've seen for some while.
Brentford were a very average team but I thought they had a couple of players
that were lively.

The result and the goal flattered us and there's no way I'm getting carried
away by this, some of our players are not up to it in my opinion.

I thought all our defence did well again, but in midfield Philips was bloody
awful. He kept giving the ball away or firing it into touch. I think he's
improved but I'd put him back in the reserves for now. Bridcutt steadied the
ship when he came on and I think the excellent Vierra needs to play alongside
Bridcutt not Philips.

I thought Sacko had his usual game, he terrified them, made some good runs but
there was no end product.

Dallas - not sure what he is ? I thought he was bang average.

Doukara worked hard and did one or two good things but I was actually left
questioning whether we missed Wood which is not good for the Duke.

Sorry for shit match report I'm feeling rough, the drinking yesterday was
better than the footy.

> On 17 Dec 2016, at 20:20, "nat...@sky.com" <nat...@sky.com> wrote:
>
> 3 valuable points -making it 6 in a week - and we go into Christmas in a play
> off place so I have no real complaintsHaving said that , today was awful with
> barely a shot on target all game. The first half was dire and we thought that
> Monk would really lay into them and send them out all fired up after a half
> when there was a real lack of commitment and skill, but the second half was
> nearly as bad.The general apathy and poor play was as bad as anything seen
> under Evans, Rosler or Redfearn with one big difference, under all those
> managers we would have lost - but today there was a belief in the crowd and
> more  mportantly on the pitch that even if we never found our rythmn etc we
> would not conceed and we would get at least a point/A few volleys from
> Ayling- that went miles over - apart we never really created any chances but
> there was a feeling that we could play all night and they would never score
> and so there could be only one winner.We did up the tempo towards the end and
> really w
 ent for it as they reaslied that a 0 0 was the best they could hope for , and
, sure enough, as the clock ticked down a good cross into the box was well met
by captian Bartley and he headed home - a great finish for him and a great
finish to a poor gameSo a win wihtout our top scorer (wood) and our most
creative player (Hernandez) - a game that will soon be forgotten but oen that
shows we are genuine contenders for a play off place