I see we have transfer listed Luke Murphy and he has moved to Burton on loan
for the rest of the season.
I think this is another told you so moment for me. I looked back to his debut
when he scored the winner in the Sun against Brighton - this was the same game
when Haigh and GFH paraded themselves around the ground and got a standing
ovation (not from me !) because everyone was so desperate to get rid of Bates.
Here's my review of Murphy, when everyone else gave him man of the match:
Murphy - 7. I have to admit if he hadn't have scored the goal late on I was
going to give him a bit of a slating because of his second half performance
where not only did he look woefully short on fitness he just didn't contribute.
At one point Kenny was pointing to him to make a run so he could make a run,
but Murphy just ignored him. He was knackered. But he must have had enough in
his engine to make that final run and slot it away.

and that was probably the best score I gave him during his time with Leeds. For
me, he always looked the part and you hoped he was going to improve into a top
class midfielder however it was obvious to me from day one he lacked the
basics.