Ok a bad day at the office, too many players not on their game and too many in
makeshift positions. Having said that they scored two great goals and their
first was a well worked training ground move (albeit we fell asleep for it) ,
there were enough 'if onlys' to say that with a bit of luck we could have got
at least a point - the Bartley penalty that could have made it 2 0 and game
over,or the Roofe chance right at the end, so it is not time to panic. I do not
think we deserved anything but we could easily have got a point.

They are an OK team on a good run and it was, as always, their 'cup final' and
the players gave that little bit extra.
We missed Pontus big time (albeit his absence is self inflicted) which would
have allowed Ayling to be right back rather than Coyle (who I thought was very
poor). We also missed Sacko, he isĀ  a real outlet especially away from home and
give the opposition something different to worry about.

At 3 1 down I feared the worst, I was present for the 5 2 a few years back, but
even having an off day we stuck at it and pulled a goal back rather than
conceeding more so that is one positive

I am trying, these days, to be more like the players and management claim to
be, that is, looking at groups of games rather than getting too giddy or too
upset over an individual game. We have got a lot more points in the last 5
games than anyone could reasonably have expected.
I think that Brighton and Newcastle are nailed on for the top two and are
proably uncatchable so it is all about staying in the top six and then going
into the play off games in good form with players fit and not suspended.
As long as it is business as usual on Wednesday and we get three points things
are still on track
dave--