I am reasonably excited with the two signings they both appear to have genuine
pace and trickery, so they should excite the crowd and as we all know pace, at
any level, is a great asset.
Monk has sorted the defesive unit so it is no surprise he turned his attention
to attacking
I am a bit surprised we did not bring in cover for Wood and / or cover at
centre back but maybe the emergency loan could come into play if we need it?
Promotion, either auto or more likely via play offs will depend on Wood staying
fit and not hitting a long dry spell and Bartley and Janson also staying fit
and not being banned when it counts. Jansons next ban will be for 3 games so we
need to make sure just before play offs that either he is at least 2 bookings
away from a ban or that he deliberately gets banned before the play offs start
I still think that  suspensions cost us the play off final v Watford (maybe
clutching at straws) but the fact that Crainey, for all his faults, was unable
to play due to red v Preston, meant that Blackwell moved Kilgallon to left back
, where he was caught out, and Gregan at centre back - again his lack of pace
meant he was a liabilty at Wembley. Also Cresswell was suspended which meant we
had to play Hulse on his own up front a role more suited, due to his atheticism
to Cresswell. Yes other things came into play on the day but I think those two
bans cost us dear, and I worry that going into a play off final with Wood and
Janson (or Bartley) missing would be another disaster
Dave