Lots of differing views on our 1-1 draw with Newcastle. The old adage that
one goal is never enough came back to haunt the barcodes, but we may face
stronger and bigger threats should we by some miracle end up in the PL.  We
were made to look like a poor 2nd tier side who had found its home in that
league, hung on for dear life and found a moment of magic at the end.  Monk
is right when he says the team plays with heart, unity and for the whole
match and I applaud him, but we clearly  couldn't handle the "machine" of
Newcastle coming at us over and over. We defended forever and a day with
true grit, but it was such a one sided affair. I think Newcastle will be a
top third club in the PL, but others will inflict more pressure and damage
on the likes of us with our current setup although that would surely change
with promotion.   Do we really wish a PL existence having to suffer like
that for many games? No team should have to commit 80-90 per cent of their
resources to keeping the opposition at bay unless it's the last few minutes
of defending a lead. Our hand was forced though and we did hold out with
heroics for the most part and I'm mildly proud of that and for the working
of our equaliser.  I've said it before, but we looked more comfortable
without possession than with it and let's face it, we could barely string 2
passes together after the first few minutes such was the pressure and
presence of NU.

I thought Rob G was a saviour again - our player of the season I'm beginning
to think.  Sacko and Doukara need to leave quickly, they regularly offer
next to nothing and appear weak in attitude, stature  and creativity  -
passengers !

Phillips also needs to get out - he's too volatile, untamed and picks up
needless bookings and concedes free kicks. We might say Janson also picks up
cautions, but there's normally  good reason and value behind his - Phillips
is a mad over muscled puppy - perhaps needs more time in the youth setup or
off on loan somewhere for a while to calm down and learn the game not at the
expense of LU.

So, the final few games...I'm not sure we'll make the play offs with a
healthy Sheffield Wednesday and Fulham becoming noticed by their form. Not
that we can pick, but I'd prefer Reading or Fulham as play off opponents in
the first instance.