Dear Mr. Holier-than-thou,

Thanks so much for pointing out the terrible intolerance and inhumanity of
my behaviour towards another person which I displayed at the weekend.

It is to saintly people like you that we weak and thoughtless folk owe a
massive debt of gratitude.

P.S. I notice that your name is Graham Thirkill. Are you by any chance
related to the Graham Thirkill on whose "circulation list" I was
inadvertently added a few years ago? I don't think you can be, because this
person was sending out a series of sexist, nationalist, intolerant "jokes"
which were surely gleaned from the Daily Mail or the UKIP newsletter.