Subject: Re: [LU] Thomas Christiansen - no me neither
From: Phill Shields
To: Matt Anderson ,Richard Walker
CC: Leeds List

This appointment lacks ambition in my opinion and feels like a financial one as
opposed to football. If this had been announced in the period when season
tickets were up for renewal it would have certainly had a negative impact.

Apparently AR was very impressed with TC at the interview, my question is how
did he even get an interview?

When looking for the qualities to manage us I would have expected the
successful candidate to meet most of the following criteria:-

  *   Track record of management in English football and preferably the
Championship;
  *   Ability to attract better players than we have now;
  *   Some sort of silverware in management;
  *   Able to build on what we already have.

He patently fails against 3 of that criteria. Seriously, I don’t care how good
he was at interview, if this is the best AR can do he should have fought tough
and nail to keep Monk.

You will have gathered that I am thoroughly pissed off. This is a massive
gamble and, as usual, it is us the fans whose hopes and aspirations are being
toyed with again.

It feels to me like we are doing it on the cheap yet again. Can’t wait to see
our squad been improved by all these superstars from Cyprus football.

MOT