Sad news indeed Guy.

How long are you over for?

Betty

On 6/25/2017 1:20 PM, Guy Thornton wrote:
Maybe not many people on the list know will remember Andrew Keogh. He was only
occasionally on the list
and never posted. However he was a lifelong Leeds supporter. Back in the days
of yore (otherwise known as
the 60's and start of the Glory Years) Andrew, Tim Greenwood (who is on the
list) and I as youthful
teenagers all lived in Harrogate and apart from common political interests we
shared a passion for Leeds
and regularly made that pilgrimage together to Elland Road. Though we have gone
our various ways, Tim in
the states for the last 30 years, Andrew in London and me all over the place
the passion for Leeds has never
died. Andrew has brought up both his boys to support Leeds.

Andrew sadly died a week last Saturday. His GP had referred him to hospital in
March when he couldn't work
out what was causing Andrew's back problems. The hospital diagnosed lung cancer
which had spreSad ad to a
secondary cancer in the bones. After radiotherapy he was sent home but was soon
back in hospital, then to
a care home but had to go to (another) hospital. During this period I had
managed to get over a see him a
few times. Then a week last Thursday he was moved to a hospice so I arranged to
come over and see him
again but he died on the Saturday. I am now over for the funeral tomorrow.
Maybe not everyone but several
of us there will be wearing Leeds United scarves.

Andrew,you will be missed. May you take a bit of Leeds and Gods Own County with
you.

Marching on together
Guy

FLAME WARS 'R US