From: Leedslist <leedslist-boun...@gn.apc.org> On Behalf Of nat...@sky.com
Sent: 02 February 2019 22:32
To: Leeds List <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
Subject: [LU] Norwich - a few thoughts

Just got home so have not seen anything on TV or read any reports so here are a
few thoughts from watching it live A great atmosphere to start with but that
soon died and apart from a brilliant whole ground Waccoe at two down the fans
were poor today. The number who left as their 3rd went in was nothing short of
disgraceful and the general mood around me was 'F off, good riddance, and dont
come back' if you could not even bother staying to the end just because we had
lost !
Game started Ok but a 'foul' (not convinced it was a foul but a tackle from
behind is always dodgy) gave them a free kick on the edge of the box and a
wicked deflection put them a goal up. After that they were a horrible team -
plenty of time wasting and one blatant dive and one rolliing around holding his
face incident should have led to two yellow cards Then the keeper was lucky not
to see a red when he came out and clattered Roberts, plus we had a good shout
for a penalty for a foul on Pontus.
We huffed and puffed a bit and looked decent enough but every 50/50 decision
and loose ball and every bit of luck went their way and that culminated in a
terrible mistake by Forshaw that enabled them to get 2 up A couple of changes
at half time showed we were going for it, the ineffectual Harrison and the out
of sorts (? not fully fit ) Hernandez being replace by Clarke and Douglas, We
had a few chances to pull one back , a great cross along the six yard box was
well defended, our one decent shot on target was well saved and a good free
kick was headed wide by Ayling. They continued to pick up all the pieces and
win 50/50s so perhaps it was due to good play rather than luck Then a quick
break, another deflected shot and 3 0 game over - cue mass exodus - the players
tonight and over the season so far deserved better Bamford came on , scored
with a good back header but too little too late - albeit it led fans to
(wrongly) sing we are top of the league -they too stupid to understand goal
difference ?
So an average performance led to a very poor result - made a bit better by the
fact that West Brom had lost at home to Boro earlier on . Our recent form is
not great and we are in danger of messing it all up, despite some fans trying
to lighten the mood at the bus stop etc by declaring we are joint top The fact
that Bamford was on the bench and even better scored, is the only real bright
spot from the game (Clarke did impress again as an impact sub) As I say, anyone
who has seen the game on TV before or since may dispute a lot of my 'facts' but
I am just saying it as I saw it Need to at least avoid defeat next week at Boro
and then beat Swansea to stop this season going down the tubes Dan James would
not have made a difference to the result Too soon to panic and whatever the
next 16 games bring this has been a great season Dave(pissed up and a bit