Norwich were excellent, had a plan, the players and commitment to carry it out
and the ability to improvise when needed...they did to us what I think we have
done to others this season.

Points:
- I watch from the Kop, we saw the ball down our end 3 times in the first half,
the two goals and a close call. The rest of the half was played around the
Norwich box.

- 2 goals were deflections, and the other an almighty mix up in
defence/midfield with us chucking away the chance to clear a couple of times

- what did happen when the keeper clattered Roberts going in for goal. A free
kick was given, so a foul was seen, how come it wasn’t at least a yellow card?

- there did seem to be a good call for a penalty when Pontus went down

- Having gone in 2 up, Norwich worked their bollocks off to close us down,
chase tackle and Harry everything, for the opening 15 minutes of the second
half. And the doubled up on Clarke every time he got near the ball

- Aylings inability to pass is becoming a real liability...we need to think
about a Shackleton Clarke right side.

- teams are happy to let Pontus and Cooper pass it between them, and rely on
the fact that their distribution is patchy, that is where Philips comes in, we
should probably move to a W formation with those three and two wing backs

- Bamford, 2 chances, 1 tipped onto the bar, 1 goal

- judging by Douglas’s second half, Alioski is a better bet there...

- yes a big crowd and a good noise at the start, but yelling xenophobic abuse
at our Spanish keeper after 25 minutes and then half the ground emptying on
their third goal shows we are still an attraction for part timers and arseholes

There’s work to do and a few tweaks to make but I think we still have a lot of
hope.

Nick

Sent from my iPad