Whilst occasionally wishing we had a couple of Linekers upfront, the bottom
line is there must be a very small percentage of goals scorers willing, or
able, to put in the effort required to fit into a Bielsa team, and even less
that we can afford. I hope the young lad from Arsenal is up to it, in the way
that Roofe was for the first half of last season - I’ve never rated Roofe as a
player at Championship level, but he was incredibly effective until his body
couldn’t hack it.

I don’t share the gloom and doom about where goals will come from - they’ll
come from everywhere! Brizzle was a good example - we created some good
chances, and scored 3 away from home. No-one has really given Bamford credit,
but his was a great goal, both in creation and finish! So, I reckon we’ll be
ok, especially if Kun and Ryan make an impact this season.

What is a lot more worrying is Kiko. Whilst understanding the requirement to
recycle ball quickly, to play ad a surrogate sweeper etc, this guy makes very
bad decisions. You kind of hope he’ll learn from his mistakes, but against
Brizzle he just carried on where he left off last season. Bielsa’s decision is
made, but there are going to be plenty of ‘now what’s he f***ing doing’ moments
this season. Surely the French lad can’t be as crazy?

We’ll know more after Forest!