I thought swapping Bamford for Eddie showed a real problem yesterday; the team
isn’t set up to play how Eddie needs us to play with him as centre forward.
There was a huge gap between him and the others, the ball didn’t stick when we
got it moved up there hence it fell back on midfield and we were overrun (or as
much as we are ever overrun these days). Plus, his one major break he should
have had enough awareness to square the ball across the box where Alioski or
Harrison was unmarked, rather than shooting from a long way out and an
improbable angle. Eddie may work alongside Bamford, or when we are chucking
everything at the last 10 minutes, but if he is to be lone striker for
prolonged periods we need to change how the rest are set up.

Bamford for his part, played well enough, missed a decent chance, missed
another when offside (apparently) and laid a sweet one back into the path of
Costa who should have scored.

I think in the end Bielsa wants Bamford at the top, with Roberts in the number
10 behind him, linking midfield and Eddie as an impact sub.

Thought Costa was again ineffective yesterday, Clarke must be seriously tossing
it off in training...and Harrison was Harrison, good runs, good energy, naff
all end product. That said, he was sharp to nick the ball for the goal.

Dallas isn’t a midfielder and Alioski isn’t much more of a midfielder. Douglas
doesn’t seem to be much of anything. White was excellent, and Berardi was
steady.

Phillips or White was probably our MOTM, although Kiko did the things he needed
to do, without much fuss.

Still, second eh?
Nick

Sent from my iPad