Not  seen many messages recently.   Was expecting lots about the QPR debacle,
and the lack of progress in the transfer market.

I've got this theory that the current management team don't have enough
experience of the English transfer system/market.
Over the last couple of years the current management team have only managed to
sign 4 established players.
Douglas, Bamford, Casilla and Costa (loan to buy?).

I know Financial sustainability is an issue, but they have offloaded something
like 30 players  over this period and made a transfer profit of over 15 million.

I'm not sure if it is the culture they don't  understand, or they are going for
unrealistic targets.  They  seem to be able to get youngsters from all around
Europe by the bucket-load, but nobody seemingly is suitable for the 1st team.

The idea of being able to sign one of the better Championship players is flawed
for so many reasons, especially in January.

1.       Clubs do not want to sell to their rivals.

2.       The club and the player  know they can get much more money from a
Premiership Club, even if they end up not playing much, so a Championship club
will always be outbid!

3.       Premiership players will not take a wage drop to sign permanently in
the Championship, and their clubs will not  send them out on loan if they need
the 'readies' for a replacement.

The summer window is a bit different, because players will  take stock more of
where they are in their careers, and you are more likely to get a player out of
contract, or dropping down a division because he wants to play.

The alternative is to find a player from a lower league, whose club can't
resist the money, or from Europe somewhere, but of course you are taking a big
chance.

If they are going to sign one of  the players they have been after seriously
such as Andre Gray or  Che Adams, then they are going to have to pay the
extortionate sums that are being asked.  It  would have been much cheaper to
have put Roofe on pay parity with Bamford for a couple of years.

KOT

UK Shared Business Services Ltd. Registered in England and Wales as a limited
company.  Company number 6330639.  Registered Office: Polaris House, North Star
Avenue, Swindon, Wiltshire SN2 1FF.

This email and any attachments are intended for the named addressee(s) only. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify UK SBS immediately and do not
disclose, distribute, or retain this email or any part of it. While UK SBS has
taken every reasonable precaution to minimise risk of this e-mail or any
attachments containing viruses, the recipient should carry out its own virus
checks before opening the attachments. The Company does not accept any
liability for any losses or damages which the recipient may sustain due to
presence of any viruses. Any opinions expressed in this email (including
attachments) are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the
company's opinions. We will not accept responsibility for any commitments made
by our employees outside the scope of our business. The Company reserves the
right to monitor all e-mail communications through their networks for the
purposes of preventing and detecting crime.