From: Leedslist <leedslist-boun...@gn.apc.org> on behalf of nattan--- via
Leedslist <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 29, 2020 12:22:24 PM
To: leeds list <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
Subject: [LU] Kiko

Not sure why fans are following the 'party line' and moaning about the '
balance of probabilities ' standard. This is totally normal for any civil
matter or employment tribunal etc. The beyond reasonable doubt is a very high
standard and used exclusively for criminal charges in this country

To suggest that there is ' no evidence' as some have said is nonsense  - they
had Leko to whom the remarks were said plus another Charlton player ,
realistically what other evidence would fans expect ?
The balance of probabilities means " the preponderance of evidence" " more
likely than not"   "51%" so they still have to consider all the circumstances
and decide the most likely 'truth'
I think the timing of the decision stinks - take a week after hearing all the
witnesses and submissions to decide but not willing to wait another16 hours so
as not to mess the whole team up
Also , to me, they should give their reasons / explanations at the same time so
that everyone knows which facts they found to be trueDo the team and fans back
Kiko in the meantime and then hear that he was found to have said something
totally disgusting and reprehensible? If we knew what he said ( no longer
alleged) we can decide how bad it is.
I read the full reasons re Forestieri and whilst long they let everyone know
what the panel believed he said ( I dont recall lufc moaning about the standard
of proof then) it mentions the reactions of the players involved etc
Finally some fans are saying it gives black players carte blanche to make
allegations , but they dont do they, so that should perhaps tell us something
about this case?
On the field we will find out in the next 8 matches  if it is a blessing in
disguise or a real blow
Whatever,  we need to use it to our advantage today and really go for the
jugular from the off today v a team I  disarray
DavePS re person asking about match reports I only do them from games I go to
live ( almost exclusively home ones thses days)

Sent from Sky Yahoo Mail on Android