I’ve seen this suggested too. Seems like the most sensible option (and
not just because it helps us!)  I would imagine the biggest worry for the efl
and prem is legal challenges from teams relegated from the prem, teams missing
out on the prem and teams missing out on champs league if season is voided.
This solution takes care of most of those issues.

        Get Outlook for iOS

On Sun, Mar 15, 2020 at 3:10 PM +0000, "nattan--- via Leedslist"
<leedslist@gn.apc.org> wrote:

The situation is of course very fluid. Not sure how they can complete the
season if the peak is not due for another 10 weeks or whateverThe solution that
would upset the fewest teams and still be fair(ish) is based on the German
modelNo relegation,    but promote top two in each  division based on current
standingsNo relegation would satisfy teams who would argue they were not doomed
and they will all be happy to stay up ( in whatever division they are currently
in)Promote current top two would satisfy those currently in promotion placesThe
only aggrieved teams would be those in or near plays offs but any arguments
they could put forward would be based on lots of speculation   -each team would
have to argue that they and not another team would win the play offs
I have not checked lower leagues to see if a team in 3rd place had games in
hand that would change the current standings
To get things back to normal increase the number of teams to be relegated next
season
This is all based on not being able to finish this season and being able to
play next season  ( by no means certain at present)
I think a number of teams will be in massive financial difficulties with the
loss of gate receipts etc so there may be fewer teams in existence post vivid 19
Dave

Sent from Sky Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 at 11:46, Robert Heath wrote:   SCENE: Football League HQ
DATE: April 2nd 2020

Alan Hardaker (who has been brought back from beyond the grave to manage
this unprecedented crisis) {younger listers..........look him up!}: Well,
Gentlemen, it is agreed then that it will now be impossible to complete
this season. So the question arises.........what to do next?
Sean Harvey: If I may make a sugg -
AH: Shut up lad. Now then, it would obviously be grossly unfair to just
cancel the season as if it had never happened. After all, they've played
over 3/4 of the fixtures.
SH: But -
AH: Will you be quiet? So, I am sure we all agree that the only fair and
sensible option is to decree that the current standings should constitute
the final positions for the season.
SH: I think I shou -
AH: So let's see which clubs will get promoted and relegated. We'll start
with Division Two.
Man-in-suit: It's called The Championship now, Alan.
AH: Eh? What? But that is ridic - oh, anyway, Harvey, who is currently top
of that division?
SH: THAT is what I've been trying to tell you, your Lordship: It's Leeds
United.
AH: Ah. Hmmm. Yes well, I think we can all agree that the fairest thing for
all parties would be the cancellation of the whole season. Let's start
again with the same clubs in place in August. level playing field and all
that. Yes, that's best.