Hi all,
Very little traffic on the list.  I would have expected it to be in meltdown,
or are we all still too stunned at the prospect of Leeds being in the Premier
League

Anyway, before the season and list gets into full swing I’ve got a couple of
things that have been on my mind for a few weeks.

  1.  Berardi.  What happened to him?  I realise he is out of contract and
injured (sadly).  But it is almost like he has become a non-person.  His name
does not appear on any squad lists on sites, but there has been no official
announcement either.  Do Leeds pay for his treatment and rehabilitation, or do
they just say ‘Contract’s Up, Bye’.   Is he still registered as  Leeds player?
I’m sure he’s not on his uppers, but going 9 months or however long it takes
him to get fit – without any pay is not a great reward for a player who has
been a good servant for 6 ? years, and played his part in getting Leeds back to
the PL.  He may not have been treated as badly as it seems to me, but nothing
has come out of official or news channels.  It would not be right to give him a
new contract because he got injured, nor is it right not to give him one for
the same reason.
  2.  The Augustin situation.  This probably one for the Contract Lawyers on
the list.  One of the things I remember from a very rudimentary level of
studying Contract Law, was some precedent which stated that an agreement to
agree in the future is not enforceable.  The same thought has struck me over
the years whenever a player signs a ‘Pre-Contract Agreement’ 6 months prior to
his existing contact running out.   Can these things be worded (with the
passing of some consideration possibly) to be legal?  Of course in the 45 years
that have passed since I remember this there have probably been all sorts of
legislation around this sort of thing.  Further complicated by being in (or out
of) the EU as well perhaps.  Does anyone have an informed opinion on this?

After that little lot I’m sure people would rather speculate on Leeds chances
of avoiding relegation, and give opinions on the squad being assembled.

Cheers
KOT.

UK Shared Business Services Ltd. Registered in England and Wales as a limited
company. Company number 6330639. Registered Office: Polaris House, North Star
Avenue, Swindon, Wiltshire SN2 1FF. This email and any attachments are intended
for the named addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify us immediately and do not disclose, distribute, or retain this email or
any part of it. While we have taken every reasonable precaution to minimise
risk of this e-mail or any attachments containing viruses, the recipient should
carry out its own virus checks before opening the attachments. The Company does
not accept any liability for any losses or damages which the recipient may
sustain due to presence of any viruses. Any opinions expressed in this email
(including attachments) are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect
the company's opinions. We will not accept responsibility for any commitments
made by our employees outside the scope of our business. The Company reserves
the right to monitor all e-mail communications through their networks for the
purposes of preventing and detecting crime.